(08) 9250 4645

Do I need an APRA licence for my business?

Whether you run a cafe, a gym, a retail space or a corporate office, it’s likely that you’re playing music in some capacity. A lot of business owners are not clear on the rules about what they can play – and what they need a licence for.

Generally speaking, if you’re authorising music to be played, you need an APRA AMCOS licence. This license covers the rights of the songwriter, composer and music publisher who made and own the piece of music. If you play music without a licence, whether it be in your store or over the phone, you run the risk of copping a fine.

APRA AMCOS have a great resource on their website to help you identify what type of licence you need and the rules surrounding it – You can find that resource here.